While in Los Cabos, in addition to deciding to get a professional photo shoot done, we also purchased a sunset booze cruise excursion. It was a great excuse to get out of San Jose de Cabo (where our hotel was) and go into the main tourist area of Los Cabos. Our cruise was on the Cabo Escape. While we waited to board the ship, the crew did a great dance number for us! Once on the ship, Ariel and I picked a prime table and staked our claim. We weren't alone for long, we soon made friends with a group of guys who were all friends and from both NYC and LA, as well as a nice couple from California who all joined us at our table. From there the ship's crew served what seemed to be a never-ending stream of margaritas. And later the nice couple from California started buying our table tequila shots. Lots and lots of shots. I actually lost count. I think I had around 5 shots and at least 3-4 margaritas on the ship alone. I swear I'm really not a lush, I just handle tequila really well. See the guy in the photo below on the bottom left? He was one of the guys from LA at our table. We later after our Cabo trip learned that this is the same guy. Seriously. We had no clue at the time, he was actually very nice and didn't mention a thing about his famous girlfriend. Neither did his friends. Once the drinks started pouring and we were served our taco buffet, the cruise set off and we got to see some gorgeous Los Cabos sights! Lucky for us, even though it was overcast when we boarded the ship by the time we got out to sea it had burned off, and we were treated to a beautiful sunset. We also got to see some seals. This little sad guy cracked me up. Towards the end of the cruise, we even saw a whale! Below is the best shot I managed to get of him. He was magnificent. Swam right alongside the boat dancing along the water. After the cruise came back into port, Ariel and I said our goodbyes to our new friends and decided to check out some of the other nightlife in Cabo. We wound up at Cabo Wabo where we spent the last few cocktails of the evening. Yes, there were more, we were on vacation after all! Cabo Wabo had a great band that evening. After we had finally had our fill of sunsets, good music and margaritas, we headed back to our hotel with the intention of watching the Oscars. We didn't make it past the red carpet before we both fell asleep. But at least we had a memorable time!
Sam the photographer, I think at that point in the evening we had already had way too much tequila. We scheduled our photo shoot for the very last day of our vacation to ensure we were bronzed enough. No point in getting glamour shots in Mexico unless your tan to boot. The shoot itself was a LOT of fun. It was kind of weird and awkward at times in a "this reminds me a little too much of my wedding photo shoot" but we ran with it and got a lot of fantastic images. My favorite part was when Ariel got photo-bombed by a Cabo local walking his adorable dog on the beach. Best part is before this shoot, we didn't have any photos of the two of us on the trip together. They were all of us separately. So now we have some really great quality shots of us and the beach we enjoyed on this memorable girls weekend. I think I may make a habit of getting a professional photography shoot every vacation I go on now. Have you ever gotten a vacation photo shoot? By the way, if you are ever in Los Cabos I highly recommend contacting Sam the Picture Guy. PHOTOS // by Samir Benyettou, the Picture Guy.
After being so crazy burnt out from work the last few months, I'm super excited to be headed to Cabo San Lucas with a gal pal for a nice long weekend this week. I can really use a full weekend of relaxing, lots of reading, and of course skinny margaritas!
Here's some of the stuff I'll be packing to take with me. Besides a fully loaded Kindle, I usually like to travel with only a carry on so all my clothes need to do double duty. One of my favorite tips for a beach destination is to take a button down blouse with me to wear both as a cover up, as well as with jeans our to dinner.
What do you always take on a beach vacation?MELISSA ODABASH Panama Hat // Aviators// Leopard Blouse // RIVER ISLAND Mesh Insert Tunic Dress // TARGET MOSSIMO Black Bandeau top and Bikini Bottoms // TARGET MOSSIMO Zebra Bandeau top and Bikini Bottoms // DV by DOLCE VITA Archer Sandal // MANGO Denim Shorts // BAGGU Neon Backpack // AMAZON Kindle
I'm alive! Hello and Happy New Year! Sure, I'm almost an entire month late wishing everyone that. I hope you all had a great holiday season. Immediately after Thanksgiving, I got sucked into the standard holiday obligation routine as well as my work schedule kicking into overdrive. In general, I have a lot of work travel between September and February every year so right now I'm in the heart of it. I'm also responsible for planning our national sales meeting, which is a huge undertaking so needless to say, I've been pretty busy! A few other updates since I've been away from the blog.
- I visited Iceland and it was AMAZING. For those of you who follow my Instagram account, you can see why. It's a stunning country. Post on my experience soon to come.
- I caught the flu, twice! Once in early December and again the beginning of January. Two totally different strains. Lucky me. I'm still trying to recover.
- I'm still doing Crossfit and have seen pretty amazing results. I'm kinda obsessed with it.
- On the Crossfit thing, I decided to join my gym's 6 week "Paleo" challenge. Yes, I know Paleo and Vegan are polar opposites, but my gym was supportive and let me modify the program so I can leave my main protein sources, mainly legumes, in my diet. The big things I cut out were all grains, alcohol and sugar. Let me tell you, four weeks in and the results have been pretty fab. I'm totally on the "no grain" train right now. The winner wins a cash prize so it's been keeping me pretty motivated to stay on the program.
- My best friend Nikki got engaged, and I'm her Matron of Honor. I'm so excited for her as well as her upcoming wedding in November of this year.
- I recently dyed over my bright red dip dye in favor of a more red-velvety red over my entire head. It's a bit more subdued, which is taking me some getting used to but I love it. It's also now much easier for me to dress for work.
- I booked a girls trip to Los Cabos, Mexico with one of my gal pals for the end of February. Perfect timing for me once my work hell month is over. I'm pretty excited for it. Best part is if I win the Paleo Challenge (which is the goal), it'll pay for the trip. Plus I'll be in amazing bikini shape. So now I have something to work towards and keep me focused.
I just recently got back from a quick 5 day trip to Mexico. It was the first "girls" trip I've been on in years, and we enjoyed ourselves by sitting in the sun, drinking frozen cocktails, swimming, reading, and generally doing nothing at all (something we never get to do with our husbands). We also made some new friends, ranging from hotel staff to other resort guests from around the US. One thing I really regret is selling my point and shoot camera. We got rid of it after I upgraded my iPhone to the 4S, and using a camera phone poolside is no where near as practical. Here's a few shots I managed on my iPhone via Instagram, so I at least had a few to remember this trip. I'll for sure be investing in a new point and shoot prior to my next vacation. Cloudy first day by the infinity pool // Tracy reading her Kindle // 2 of about 30 combined piña coladas over the course of the trip // Mexican sunrise Tracy and one of our new friends who worked at the bar // breakfast by the beach // nachos sans cheese (I ate a ton of these due to lack of vegan options) // Last night with our new friends from Oregon